1. Design tips
- Large patterns tend to dominate a room, making it ideal in a big room; in a small room or one full of nooks and crannies it can be overwhelming.
- Cover small rooms with a bright, monochromatic colour or small patterns.
- For a striking wallpaper pattern to show itself off to best advantage, the style of the furnishings should be low-key.
- Vertical lines on the wall make low ceilings appear higher — particularly if the ceiling remains white.
- Textured wallpaper effectively covers up small holes or lumps.
- Make a note of the serial or model number of the wallpaper you’re buying so you can find it again if you need more.
- Pro tip: grab an extra roll or two when buying.