1. Remove as much paint as possible
- Start by putting the excess paint back into the paint container.
- Squeeze as much paint as you can from your brushes (wrap them in newspaper and press them between your hands as firmly as you can), empty your roller trays and also scrape paint off your rollers with the curved scraper on a five-in-one painter’s tool, which is available from specialty paint and hardware stores.
- Then wipe off as much of the remaining paint as possible using something disposable, such as an old rag, newspaper or piece of cardboard.
- Let the rag or paper dry and then dispose of it in an outside garbage bin.