How to choose paint colours
Paint colour is subjective, but consider these tips when making your choice:
- Sample first: Sample colours on some scrap material or on your wall before making your decision.
- Be bold: Don’t shy away from vibrant colours, especially in airy rooms.
- Matching: If you already have furnishings in a room, choose your colours to match or complement.
- Lighting: Consider how light impacts the colours in your home to avoid excessive brightness or darkness.
- Colour wheel: Using a colour wheel is a great way to tell which colours work best together before painting.
Painting is the most economical way to change the look and personality of your home. Think about a room’s function and the mood you want to create and choose your colours accordingly. And remember, for durability, the paint’s finish is just as important as the colour.