Water-based is better than oil-based
There are quite a few advantages that water-based acrylic paints have over oil-based enamel varieties:
- When you’re painting, drips and splashes can be removed with a simple wipe over with a damp cloth.
- When you’re finished painting with water-based paints, you can clean paintbrushes with water.
- Painting with water-based acrylic paints creates almost no fumes or vapours.
- Water-based acrylic paints dry faster.
- They also usually cost less.
However, oil-based enamel paints also have their advantages:
- These paints can offer superior durability.
- Oil-based paints are usually used for high quality work.
But, it’s much easier and cheaper to complete gorgeous DIY paint jobs with water-based acrylic paints.
The following types of paint can be either water or oil-based.